Using our services means you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Effective June 26, 2022.
If you are located outside of the United States and you choose to use the Services or provide your information to us, your data may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers, databases or cloud storage facilities located in the United States. Your use of the Services represents your consent and agreement to these practices. If you do not want your data transferred to or processed or maintained in the United States, you should not use the Services.
Information that We Collect from You.
Account Data You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. We may collect and process some or all of the following information you make available to us if you register, download or use the Services, such as your:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- User Name
- Other Registration Information
- Customer Support or Technical Information you provide when you contact us with questions about your use of the Services
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services, your purchases, and the fulfillment of orders we provide to you
- Other information you may provide to us through promotions or surveys
User Profile Data.
Public Data You Post through the Services.
If you post information on public areas of the Services, such as reviews, comments, and user content, that data may be collected and used by us, other users of the Services, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Services that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
Usage Data We Automatically Collect from You.
In addition to the information you provide to us, the Services may collect and process additional data automatically, this data may include your:
- Device Registration Data (for example, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device or advertising ID, IP address, operating system and browser type)
- Device Settings (for example, your language preference)
- Mobile Carrier
- Information about how you use the Services (for example, how many times you use the Services each day)
- Requested and Referring URLs
- Location Data collected through your Device (including, for example, precise location data such as GPS and WiFi information)
Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
How Google Use Your Information
In this section, we set out the purposes for which we use personal information that we collect when you use the Services. In relation to EU Users, we are required under applicable EU Users Data Protection Laws, to identify the legal bases on which we rely to process the information, Providing the Services, Improving the Services, Providing Support, and Communicating With You. We and our service providers may use the data you provide or that is collected through the Services to operate and improve the Services, our other sites, applications, products and services, to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information and notices relating to the Services, and to carry out obligations arising from any agreements between you and us.
Bases for Use of data
- contract performance, legitimate interests (to correspond with you, to enable us to provide you with the Services and to improve the Services)
- Providing Marketing and Promotion Materials. We and our service providers may use the data you provide or that is collected through the Services to provide you with updates, offers, and promotions, where you have chosen to receive these. We may also use your information for marketing our own and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by email and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us by email, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications from us.
Advertising and Third-Party Content and Links.
The Services may be supported through advertising, and we may work with advertisers and advertising networks to provide advertising through the Services. We may provide these advertisers and advertising networks with the ability to collect data about how you interact with the Services and, if applicable, your mobile device.
We do not have access to or control over cookies, pixels or web beacons that third-party partners may use. For information about how tracking works for targeted advertising purposes, and to opt out of the collection of data for this purpose by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices (from your browser) or http:///www.aboutads.info/appchoices (from your mobile device).
In addition, the Services may include third-party content and links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites that you visit.
If you access the Services through a browser, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “Do Not Track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, we will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Services in response to any Do Not Track requests that we receive from your browser.
You may opt out of the collection, use, and transfer of precise location data for location-based advertising purposes, by using the location services controls in your mobile device’s settings.
We may also work with third party analytics companies to help us understand how the Services are being used, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, website and mobile application analytics, and to assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements.
We may use Google Analytics, an analytics service provided by Google or other third party analytics services providers (“Analytics Services“) to collect information about your use of the Services. These Analytics Services may collect information about the content you view and your system information and geographic information. The information generated by the Analytics Services about your use of the Services will be transmitted to and stored by the Analytics Services. The information collected by the Analytics Services allows us to analyse your use of the Services.
We encourage you to review your device and Services settings to ensure they are consistent with your preferences, including with respect to the collection and use of information. You may be able to stop further collection of certain data by the Services by updating your applicable device settings, or you may uninstall the Services. In addition, you may choose not to share your location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider/carrier or device manufacturer.
Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests.
From time to time, we may host a promotion, sweepstakes, or content on the Services. You may be asked to provide personal information or permit the transfer of your personal information to a third party in connection with such promotion, sweepstakes or content.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us by email, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us describing how you can unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications from us. If you are a registered user you may also be able to adjust your email settings by logging in to your account and adjusting your account settings.
How Your Information is Shared with Third Parties.
We may share the information you provide or that we collect in some circumstances as follows:
We may share your information with advertisers, third-party advertising networks and analytics companies who may use it to deliver targeted advertisements to you on the Services or third-party websites or advertisers. Similarly, these advertisers may share information with us about you that they have independently gathered or acquired. We may also share encrypted versions of information we have collected in order to enable our advertising partners to perform data analysis or for advertising-related use.
With Our Company Affiliates.
We may share your information with members of the Leaf Group corporate family in order to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), or to improve your experience with the Services, products and other services.
With Our Partner Programs.
If you are directed to the Services through a third party, we may share certain information back with that third party, which may include information such as name, email and value of purchase depending on the type of relationship or Services utilized.
For Marketing Campaigns.
From time to time we may disclose certain information (name, mailing address and non-sensitive transactional information such as your purchase history, amounts paid and products ordered) to marketing companies for trade or rental purposes. If you prefer to opt-out of the use of your personal information by marketing companies for trade or rental purposes, please let us know at email@example.com.
With Our Service Providers.
We may share your information with our service providers who work on our behalf. For example, these service providers may handle payment or credit card processing, data management, customer data pooling or aggregating, feature administration, email distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
Social Media and Sharing.
The Services may use social networking or “share functionality” or may contain links to third-party social media sites or applications that are not owned or controlled by us. We also may allow you to use social media sites or applications to leverage your existing social media site or application accounts to access features of the Services. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites or applications, depending on the feature.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, any share functionality or the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party site or application. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites or applications with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites. You are subject to the policies of those third parties when and where applicable.
As Required By Law or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies.
Business Transfers or Bankruptcy.
The Privacy of Children.
The Services are not intended for children under age 16. We do not knowingly collect or distribute personal information from or about children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- we do not use interest-based advertising (including re-marketing) to target:
- past or current activity by users known by scholarater.com to be under the age of 13 years or
- past or current activity on sites directed at users under the age of 13 years.
EU user consent policy
– Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We acknowledge your right to access and control your personal data in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws.
If you are subject to European Union Data Protection Laws (“EU Users”), our processing of your personal data will comply with the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Information.
For EU Users, to request access to or correction of your personal data in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws, you may send an email to email@example.com or a letter to:
109 Yorktown Dr, Pikeville, Kentucky(KY), 41501
609 Franklin Ave
Dorchester, Nebraska(NE), 68343, Phone/whatsApp: (410) 551-0346
Please include your registration information you provided through the Services. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
For EU Users, if you’d like us to delete information that you have provided through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws. Please note that some or all of the information you provided may be required in order for the Services to function properly or may be automatically retained in backup storage or records retention archival storage.
Portability of Your Personal Data.
For EU Users, should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information under your sole control in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws.
Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws. Depending on the context and applicable Data Protection Laws, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information.
For more information, kindly read the EU User Consent Policy
EU Users and Swiss Users – Privacy Shield (For EU and Swiss Data Transferred Into the US)
We comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. We have certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to such data.
Pursuant to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, the following statements apply:
- We are subject to the jurisdiction and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC);
- We are liable for the onward transfer of personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party giving rise to the damages; and
- We may be required to release EU and Swiss personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by BBB National Programs, Inc. (BBB NP). If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit: http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Nevada Privacy Rights.
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them. To exercise this right, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
California Residents Under 18.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user of the Services, you may request that we remove content or information about you that you posted on the Services by:
- submitting a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- clearly identifying the content or information you wish to have removed and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content or information to be removed.
However, please note that we are not required to, and may not be able to, erase or otherwise eliminate content or information if:
- other state or federal laws require us or a third party to maintain the content or information;
- the content or information was posted, stored, or republished by another user;
- the content or information is anonymized so that you cannot be individually identified;
- you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content. Further, nothing in this provision shall be construed to limit the authority of a law enforcement agency to obtain the applicable content or information.
Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs).
Just like Google, Scholarater.com relies on the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for transfers of online advertising and measurement personal data out of the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland. We are also bound by the SCCs for transfers of personal data to processors established in third countries. For Controller Services, we are bound by the Google Ads Controller-Controller Data Protection Terms include the SCCs for transfers of personal data to controllers established in third countries. Where there is a relevant transfer of personal data, the SCCs incorporated into partner’s contract apply.
If partner processes personal data that originated in the European Economic Area, UK or Switzerland and that is made available by our site in connection with partner’s use of Google Ad Manager, then:
- partner must only use that personal data in a manner consistent with the consent provided by the data subject to whom it relates;
- partner must provide a level of protection for that personal data that is at least equivalent to that required under the SCCs; and
- if partner determines that it cannot comply with the above requirements, partner must notify us in writing, and either cease processing the personal data or take reasonable and appropriate steps to remedy such non-compliance.
California Privacy Rights.
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice with a standard screen reader.
Categories of Sources.
We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under Scholarater.com.
Why We Use and Disclose California Information.
- Our commercial purposes, including marketing, advertising, offering promotions, authentication, identity resolution, fraud prevention, fulfilment services, and facilitating transactions.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider) such as account servicing, processing orders and payments, and analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
Recipients of California Personal Information may sell the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below:
- Advertising/Marketing companies;
- Affiliates not under Free nutrition hub brand;
- Partner programs;
- Service providers; and
- Social networks
We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for business purposes:
- Service providers;
- Affiliates not under Free nutrition hub brand;
- Internet service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Operating systems and platforms; and
- Social networks
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information.
California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- For certain categories of personal information, the right to request a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by applicable law as compensation for allowing us to collect, sell, or maintain your personal information.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information via email@example.com
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled.
Scholarater.com may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. We will require proof of your consent to designating such an agent and verification of your identity as described above.
Minors’ Right to Opt In.
We do not transact or sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Security Measures and Storage Limits.
We provide industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data we process and maintain. For example, we take reasonable measures to limit access to this data to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for data we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services and you do so at your own risk.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on our business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly cloud/hide the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymous information) or securely destroy the data.
Changes to this policy.
109 Yorktown Dr, Pikeville, Kentucky(KY), 41501
609 Franklin Ave
Dorchester, Nebraska(NE), 68343, Phone/whatsApp: (410) 551-0346
We will do our best to respond to you in a timely and professional manner to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.