MYCAA is an acronym for My Career Advancement Account. The MYCAA is offering scholarships for qualified spouses and dependents of active-duty service members. Check out the eligibility requirement s for the MYCAA scholarship in this guide before applying.
The MyCAA Scholarship assists you in achieving success in the following areas:
- A one-on-one coaching session with a SECO career coach
- A Plan for Education and Training
- Tuition assistance of up to $4,000
- SECO tools that are useful, such as the Traitify Personality Assessment
Your My Career Advancement Account and My Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Account collaborate to help you achieve your educational and career objectives. The MyCAA Scholarship application process leverages your MySECO profile and connects you to a career coach to assist you in making wise educational decisions and preparing you for a career that fits your military family’s mobile lifestyle.
Table of Contents
Traitify is a visual personality assessment that recommends career options based on your interests, aptitudes, and education level. This assessment takes about 90 seconds to complete and will immediately provide you with:
- A breakdown of how you compare to seven different types of career personalities.
- Information on the types of people and work environments that will enable you to thrive
- Potential advantages and disadvantages
- Personalized career recommendations based on your individual characteristics
Traitify provides essential information about career recommendations, such as the level of education and degree required, as well as salary, potential job growth, and other factors.
MYCAA Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the My Career Advancement Account (MYCAA) Scholarship, you must first determine your eligibility. When you log in with your DS Logon, our system will check your eligibility. The MyCAA FAQs contain more detailed information on eligibility.
The following spouses are eligible:
- Spouses of active-duty service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who have completed high school and can request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible.
- Spouses married to National Guard and Reserve members in these pay grades are eligible.
Those who are not eligible are as follows:
- Spouses who are married but legally separated from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders (or under a court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory).
- Spouses whose National Guard or reserve military sponsor is in a state of warning or alert, post-deployment, demobilization, or transition.
SEE: Student Online La Trobe LMS: Useful Guide to StudentOnline Latrobe LMS 2022
How to complete the MySECO/MyCAA Scholarship Registration Form.
Complete the following steps to begin the registration process.
- You can register online or get help from our SECO career coaches at 800-342-9647.
- Complete your MyCAA registration by reading the MyCAA fact sheet and terms and conditions and answering the quiz questions correctly.
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information, education and training, and work history.
- Schedule a MyCAA coaching session with a SECO career coach by contacting the SECO Career Center.
Facts to Note about about My Career Advancement Advancement Scholarship
- If you have a specific career goal in mind, the MyCAA School and Program Search can help you find schools and programs that interest you. These are excellent topics to discuss with your career coach.
- If you already have a school or program in mind, contact them and ask for a MyCAA Education and Training plan. This plan includes information about your chosen school, program, and coursework, as well as your career goal. Before receiving financial assistance, your Education and Training plan must be approved. Plans are reviewed and approved in the order they are received, and this process can take up to 14 business days.
SEE: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2022-2023: How to Apply and Win
Save time by completing the My Career Advancement Account scholarship application prerequisites.
Prerequisite items should be completed first to save time.
DS Logon is required for the MyCAA Scholarship application. You can use the same log in to access TRICARE Online or MySECO. If you do not have a DS Logon and need to activate or upgrade, go to Log in or Sign up.
Do you have any questions about MYCAA Scholarship?
Review the MyCAA Scholarship Fact Sheet or FAQs for answers to the following questions:
Who is eligible to apply for the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship?
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is available to spouses of active-duty service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who have completed high school and are eligible to apply for tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders.
SEE: MyBVC D2L: Helpful Guide to Access BVC Student Login Portal 2022
What My Career Advancement Account Scholarship funds do and do not cover
My Career Advancement Account Scholarship funds the following:
- The pursuit or maintenance of a license, certification, or associate degree, including continuing education courses. The license, certification, or associate degree must be related to the spouse’s career objective and obtained from a participating institution.
- The costs of national tests, such as the College Level Examination Program tests, that may earn a participating military spouse course credits required for a degree approved under the program.
The following expenses are NOT covered by my Career Advancement Account Scholarship:
- Coursework for a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.
- Certificates of completion that do not result in certification or licensing
- Associate degrees in science, arts, general studies, liberal arts, health sciences, social sciences, and interdisciplinary studies with no concentration are available.
- Personal enrichment courses, excluding academic credit courses or graded electives in a My Career Advancement
- Account Spouse Education and Training Plan.
- Courses that the spouse has already begun or completed.
- Extensions to the course.
- Employers typically pay for courses, tests, or fees as part of a job training program.
- Nonacademic credit or ungraded courses, including audit courses, internships, practicums, apprenticeships, and clinical supervision; Nonacademic credit or ungraded orientation programs are also available.
- Courses taken more than once, unless the school has issued a full refund to My Career Advancement Account Scholarship.
- Tuition for courses and exams not covered by the spouse’s Education and Training Plan.
- Study abroad programs, excluding programs offered by My Career Advancement Account Scholarship participating schools on overseas military installations.
- Private licenses are available. A private pilot’s license, for example, would not be covered because it is used for recreation, whereas a commercial pilot’s license would be covered because it is used for work.
- Completion of high school or GED programs, including online high school completion programs.
- Courses or programs offered at unapproved schools or campuses, as well as other locations not listed in My Career Advancement Account Scholarship portal.
SEE: Apartment Guide Scholarship: How to Apply and Win 2022 – 2023
Other fees and expenses not covered include:
- To learn English, enroll in an English as a second language course.
- Internships that are not part of an Education and Training Plan and do not result in a required credential for employment.
- Books, supplies, equipment, uniforms, computers, and electronic devices of all kinds are all acceptable.
- Any type of fee, including but not limited to registration fees, technology fees, and parking fees.
- Activities, events, and entertainment for students
- Any type of reimbursement.
- Prepayments or deposits for future courses, unless the costs are included in a study block.
- Entrance exams at the high school or college level, comprehensive exams, and related preparatory courses
- Transportation, lodging, child care, and medical services are all available.
What exactly is the MyCAA Scholarship Education and Training Plan?
The school or institution must complete an Education and Training Plan. An ETP is a detailed outline of the courses that a spouse must take in order to complete the program or degree. The ETP will be obtained from the spouse’s school and uploaded to their MyCAA Account for review. The plan will be reviewed by SECO staff to ensure that it supports the spouse’s career goals. It is possible that the review process will take up to 14 business days.
Spouses will not be able to apply for financial assistance through My Career Advancement Account until the ETP has been approved.
The Education and Training Plan guidance and template can be found in the AI Portal’s Essential Resources section.
The final version of the template must be submitted as a pdf file with a wet or digital signature from the school official who completed the document. Failure to use the template may result in the spouse’s plan being rejected.
The SECO program has 14 business days to approve, reject, or postpone the Education and Training Plan.
How to Obtain Additional Information, Help, and More
Do you still require assistance? Call 800-342-9647 to speak with a career counselor.