Yenching scholarship is a fully-funded undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship program that awards study funding to 120 international students every year. It is for undergraduate and Master’s degree level Students who have interest in Interdisciplinary study of China. The scholarship is sponsored by the Yenching Academy of Peking University, and students from all countries of the world are eligible. This article will go into detail about this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process.
The scholarship money covers tuition, airfare, a monthly stipend, housing, and health insurance. Through the Yenching scholarship, Peking University’s Yenching Academy hopes to build a bridge between China and the rest of the world. This program brings together, from across the globe, young people who have shown leadership and innovation abilities. They are immersed in an intensive learning environment in Yenching, where they can learn about China and its role in the world in the past, present, and future. The college’s mission is to shape a new generation of global citizens by providing a nuanced understanding of China.
Table of Contents
Level of Study:
International students in Undergraduate and Master’s Degree Level can apply for this scholarship
Place of Study
Recipients of The Yenching scholarship award must study in China or any other accredited Peking University Academy institute outside China.
Read Also: Apartment Guide Scholarship
Area/Field of study
Only international students studying the following courses are eligible for Yenching scholarship:
- China in Transition
- Field Study
- Literature and Culture
- History and Archaeology
- Philosophy and Religion
- Law and Society
- Economics and Management
- Politics and International Relations
Yenching scholarship award timeline/duration
The deadline for accepting applications is December 3, annually.
You can also apply for NIADA Foundation Regional Scholarships
Expenses covered by the scholarship
The Yenching Academy of Peking University scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- The tuition cost
- monthly allowance
- Health coverage.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships, candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- English is the required language. The following criteria are used to accept various English language proficiency tests. Students or alumni of native English speakers and degree programs (undergraduate or higher) taught in English, on the other hand, are not required to provide English proficiency test results.
- Academic IELTS score of 7.0
- TOEFL score of 100
- Cambridge English Scale, with a total score of 185
- C1 level of the CEFR
- CET 6 with a total of 600
- TEM 4 pass level or higher
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- At the time of application, students must have a bachelor’s degree/transcript (16-year).
- Currently, enrolled students can apply if their degree will be completed by August 31 of the application year.
- Applicants must have a stellar academic record.
- A strong interest in interdisciplinary study in China is required.
- Students with extracurricular accomplishments, community involvement, social responsibility, and leadership skills will be preferred.
- US citizens are not eligible. International students are welcome.
- Seniors graduating and new alums up to the age of 25 (i.e, You must be 25 years old or younger in the year you accept the fellowship.)
- If currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, the degree must be awarded before August 31 of the year in which the applicant wishes to enroll in the Yenching Scholarship Program (For example, if applying for a Fall 2023 start, the Bachelor’s degree must be completed by August 31, 2023).
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, but most successful applicants will have a 3.7 or higher as well as significant co-curricular achievements.
- Applicants with any major or degree are encouraged to apply.
Are you not eligible? don’t worry, you can apply for Against the Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
How to Apply for Yenching Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Begin your application via the university’s online admission portal.
- You can seek supervision from Yenching Academy professors or faculty, which may increase your chances of receiving a scholarship. To view the faculty profiles, please click here.
- Attach all supporting documents and submit your application.
Please attach the following PDF documents.
- Passport photocopy
- CV stands for curriculum vitae.
- Statement of Purpose (maxi 750 words)
- Proposal for Research (maxi one page)
- Recommendation Letter (two)
- Proof of English Language
Candidates will be chosen based on their academic performance, leadership, and commitment to service and cultural understanding, as well as a history of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, and social responsibility. Candidates must be able to articulate clearly why they want to pursue an interdisciplinary degree in Chinese studies.
Applicants also apply for Ned Mcwherter Scholarship
Yenching scholarship summary
|Awarding Organization||Yenching Academy of Peking University|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate and Postgraduate students|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to $10,000/session|
|Mode of Access||Online|
|Number of Awards||120|
|Application Deadline||December 3, Annually|
|Scholarship Application Fee||N/A|
Yenching scholarship Website
Apply for Beyond the Boroughs Scholarship