Apartment guide scholarship is an essay-based competition that award $2500 scholarship money to deserving students whose essays express the theme of the competition. The scholarship will cover housing, books or tuition for the a session. The winners of the Apartment Guide Scholarship 2021 are ABIGAIL CHINN and YASMINE METTAWA. Abigail Chinn is a student of University of Washington College, and she is from Bellevue, WA. While Yasmine Mettawa is a student of Johns Hopkins University College and hails from Coral Springs, FL.
Table of Contents
How to win apartment guide scholarship
The first step towards winning apartment guide scholarship is reading the essays of previous winners. When you study the structure and tune used by previous winners, this would help you refine your work.
The processes involved in assessing apartment guide scholarship essays
- Applicants are requested to send a fine essay consisting of 500-600 words.
- The apartment guide scholarship board will constitute a panel of assessors to determine 10 finalists.
- The lucky finalists will be requested to make a submit a 1-3 minutes video to be annexed with their essays. A period of 5 weeks is given for this task.
- The video is published on the official website of the organizer, and the public is invited to vote for the best pitch.
- At the end of the voting, 2 winners emerges based on voting power and ability to meet other qualifications.
What your essay must contain
Your apartment guide scholarship essay must meet the criteria set by the organizers.
When assessing your essay, the judges want to see that you have put in some real thought into your application. They are looking out to see whether your essay is thoughtful, unique, concise and creative. You can use the below checklist to write your essay. Ensure that:
- The essay have at least 33% relevance to the theme.
- Your story or idea is clear. It should have at least 33% Clarity.
- You show creativity in writing. Your creativity pass rate should not be less than 33%.
ALSO APPLY FOR Ned Mcwherter Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship competition, applicants must be:
- At least 17 years old
- A U.S. citizen or otherwise legally residing in 1 of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
- Enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2022 semester
- Pursuing an undergraduate education
- A student with a minimum of 2.5 GPA
Apartment guide scholarship key dates
February 16 – April 12 – Essay submission open
April 13 – April 30 – Apartment Guide essay judging
April 30 – Announcement of 10 finalists at www.apartmentguide.com/students/scholarship
May 24 – Finalist videos due
June 1 – June 30 – Public voting
July 9 – Winners announced
Apartment Guide Contest Rules
Before applying, all candidates must read the Official Rules.
The table below summarizes everything you need to know about this scholarship
|Awarding Organization||Apartment Guide|
|Educational Level||College and Degree Students|
|Mode of Access||Online|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||Varies. Check key dates|
|Scholarship Application Fee||N/A|
|Application Requirements||Essay, 1-3 minutes video pitch|
Frequently Asked Questions about apartment guide scholarship
Applicants asks the following questions:
What Undergraduate degrees are eligible for this scholarship?
The undergraduate degree eligible for this scholarship include:
- Bachelor Degrees
- Associate Degrees
- Students may be enrolled in a 2-year college, community college, 4-year college or university but may not be pursuing a graduate degree.
You can also apply for NIADA Foundation Regional Scholarships
How often can I vote for my preferred apartment guide scholarship video pitch?
You can vote for your preferred video everyday. However, only one vote per day is accepted. Therefore, you cannot vote more than once a day.
Is there any age restriction for adult application?
Adults who want to go back to school can still apply. However, they must already be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program to apply.
How can i easily create or make a video when i’m selected as one of the 10 finalists?
You don’t have to be a film major or an expert in videography. All you require is a smartphone and some imagination. Make sure everything in your film is yours to utilize, just to be sure. This means that the majority of the music and videos you watch must be used with the artist’s permission. So be sure to prepare in advance. We advise utilizing it as a justification to team up with your creative buddies!
Must i use the scholarship money for the purpose it is awarded?
The scholarship grant money may be used for housing, as mentioned in the purpose of the scholarship. The award money may also be used to pay for costs directly associated with continuing your undergraduate studies. The following would fall under this:
- prices or requirements for particular training, such as lab costs or necessary supplies like paint or calculators
- signing up for a study abroad program
Scholarship Application Website
ALSO APPLY FOR Moolahspot Scholarship