Table of Contents
StudentOnline LaTrobe LMS Guide
La Trobe LMS is a student online Learning Management System introduced by La Trobe University which is based on Moodle LMS. Often referred to as “LMS” or “Moodle”, the Student Online Latrobe is an online space for Latrobe University students to access learning materials and other study-related resources. StudentOnline+ Latrobe allows you get information and resources relating to your studies from any location with your internet access.
How to Log in to all La Trobe LMS System
It is quite simple to access or log in to all La Trobe Online System. Simply use your student ‘username’ and ‘password’ to access all La Trobe online systems. [email protected] is your La Trobe system username.
Top facts about Student Online Latrobe
- The Learning Management System (LMS) houses all of your study materials and activities.
- StudentOnLine allows Latrobe University students to view and modify their enrolment and personal information. It is the location where you can: obtain a “Statement of Account”; alter your enrollment; obtain a non-official transcript; make payments on your fees
- Your student email account is not the same as the other La Trobe systems. Log in with [email protected]
All university communication is conducted via your student email account. Check your student email account frequently for important information.
How to Log in to La Trobe LMS
To gain access to La Trobe LMS, you must be logged in. To log in to Latrobe LMS:
- Go to lms.latrobe.edu.au.
- On the left, click Log in.
- Enter your username on the login page.
- Then, to log into your La Trobe LMS account, click Next and enter your password.
- Login to the La Trobe LMS.
Mobile Log in to the LaTrobe LMS
It is recommended that you use the Moodle app to access the LaTrobeLMS on a mobile device. This app is available for download from the AppStore (for iOS) and the PlayStore (For Android). After installing the app, connect it to the La Trobe LMS by entering the following address: lms.latrobe.edu.au.
Your Student Online La Trobe LMS profile photo
Your official La Trobe student ID photo has been uploaded to the LaTrobe Learning Management System. If you previously uploaded a photo to the LMS, it will be overwritten with the official La Trobe student ID photo. Your photo will be visible only to you and the lecturers and tutors of your subjects by default. You will be given the option of making your photo public and replacing it if you so desire. You can do this by selecting the “Edit Profile” option in the Settings section.
Why am I unable to log in to Student Online Latrobe?
There could be several reasons for this, but the most likely is that you have simply forgotten your password, are trying the incorrect password, or are entering your password incorrectly. Other things to consider include:
- Verify your username and password. On the Reset Password page, you can get assistance with resetting your password. Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure the caps lock is turned off.
- Check your Statement of Account (via StudentOnline) to ensure that you are enrolled in at least one subject correctly.
Apply for Scholarship: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship: How to Apply and Win
Why am I unable to see my subjects on Student Online La Trobe LMS?
Subjects may not be available in the LaTrobe LMS for up to 24 hours after enrollment. Log in to StudentOnLine to confirm your enrollment in the subject, and confirm with your lecturer that LMS is enabled for the subject.
If you still can’t find your subject in the LaTrobe LMS, make sure it isn’t hidden:
- Log in to the LaTrobe LMS.
- In the top right corner of the dashboard, click the Customize this page button.
- Ensure that the filter options in the Subject overview block are set to show All (except subjects that have been removed from view) and that the filter in the bottom-left corner of the block is also set to show All subjects.
- In the top right-hand corner of the dashboard, click the Stop customizing this page button.
If your subjects have not yet appeared 24 hours after enrolling, your lecturer has most likely chosen a start date for the subject that has not yet passed; please contact your lecturer or Student IT Support to confirm.
Accepting your Latrobe admission offer and enrolling in subjects
Congratulations on your admission to La Trobe University, and welcome to the La Trobe community.
To accept your offer and secure your spot, complete all of the steps outlined below:
Step #1. Make your account active.
Step #2. Accept your proposal (note that you need to complete steps 3 and 4 below to secure your place in the course)
Step #3. Confirm your personal information and payment method.
Step #4. Enroll in all of your Subjects.
Step #1. Create your account
- Click the Activate account button to the right.
- To verify your identity, enter your Applicant ID or La Trobe Student ID and personal email address. This must match the ID provided by VTAC, UAC, or Apply Direct (including any letters).
- To continue, all details, including your name and email address, must exactly match your original application.
- Your student ID number appears after you activate your account. This is your La Trobe student ID and your StudentOnLine username.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration.
Step #2. Accept your proposal.
- Log in to StudentOnLine.
- To view your offer, select the view button from the left-hand column under the Offers tab.
- Accept, defer, or decline the Latrobe University admission offer.
Step #3. Confirm your personal information and payment method.
- In StudentOnLine, confirm your personal information. You must ensure that the information you provide matches the personal information you have on file with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). By creating an account and logging into myGov, you can view your ATO personal details.
- Choose Contact from the left sidebar menu.
- You must include a semester/term address as well as next of kin information.
- Update and confirm your phone numbers, emails, and other contact information.
- Confirm your payment method and, if applicable, fill out the Commonwealth Assistance Forms (eCAFs).
- Read the relevant HELP information booklet before completing your eCAFs so you understand your obligations as a Commonwealth-supported student.
Similar Guide: MYWCU: Helpful Guide to Access My WCU Portal 2022
Step #4. Enroll in your Subjects.
- The link in your offer email is the simplest way to accept and enroll.
- If you have already begun but have not completed these four steps, you must continue your enrollment by using the StudentOnLine link in your offer email.
- You have not confirmed your place until you have enrolled in all of your first-year subjects.
Follow the enrollment instructions to ensure you understand your study plan, enroll in all of your subjects successfully, and read up on your next steps (not applicable to Graduate research candidates).